TapSpeak Choice 2.0 is now available!
Here’s a feature list:
- Board/Page linking/navigation with scanning support. Navigation buttons are stored in new Navigation library which is automatically maintained for you.
- Text to speech with support for 20 languages and 43 voices.
- Message window with scanning support. Text to speech (TTS) and recorded voice can be combined seamlessly in the same sentence/phrase. Message window with backspace and clear message buttons for scanning support. Double-tap message window to clear message as well.
- Static board grid dimensions (18 grid sizes to choose from). Editing mode enables you to place buttons exactly where you want. Dynamic grid resizing continues as the default for quick board/page creation.
- Enhanced auditory prompt (scanning) support. Use a separate voice/recording, speaking rate, and volume.
- Support for AbleNet’s Blue2 switch now included. No special setup needed!
- Voice manager lets you download additional voices (if available for your language) and configure speaking/auditory prompt voices, speaking rate, and volume.
- Title Editor and Recording Editor have been merged into the new Speech Editor. You can configure speaking text and auditory prompt (scanning) text and voice recordings here.
- Quick button edit. When in board edit mode, double-tap a button to bring up button for editing in its library.
- Many other minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Languages now supported: Arabic, Flemish (Belgian Dutch), Brazilian, British English, French Canadian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, US English, US Spanish. If your iPad is configured to use one of these languages, the default text to speech voice for your language will be downloaded and installed upon startup. Some languages have multiple voices which can be downloaded from the app.
TapSpeak Choice for iPad is our interpretation of a low- to mid-tech communicator for the iPad. It’s a complete communication board editor and player that saves up to 75% of the setup time over conventional devices and virtually eliminates maintenance time. Use the DynaVox/Mayer-Johnson PCS library, your own photos or images, and geometric symbols for visual targets. You can record your own voice for playback (a set of sample libraries include a pre-recorded voice).
For those whose motor skill abilities make it necessary to use a switch, TapSpeak Choice support using the iPad screen as a switch for scanning and is the first app to use RJ Cooper’s iPad Cordless Super-Switch and iPad Switch Interface for external switches. You can use one or two switches for auto scanning and step scan and choose among a complete array of scanning options.
Children and adults with autism, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, cortical vision impairment (CVI), stroke, or any disability that impairs their ability to communicate can make use of TapSpeak Choice.
- Drag and drop creation and editing of communication boards.
- Spend hours less time setting up communication boards so you can spend more time with your child or student.
- One to 56 messages on a board give you plenty of flexibility for different skill levels.
- Pre-populated libraries help you get started.
- Message visual targets can be visually stimulating geometric symbols, photos, and included DynaVox/Mayer-Johnson PCS core library of 4500 symbols.
- Record your own voice or use the voice supplied with the sample libraries.
- Tap/touch configurable for a student’s motor skill capability.
- Direct access and many scanning modes including two-switch scanning. Use the entire iPad screen as a switch or use RJ Cooper’s iPad Super-Switch and iPad Switch Interface.
- Sort and arrange boards and libraries in categories.
- Tap response is configurable to accommodate kids with varying motor skill levels
Many features planned for upcoming releases!
Communication Board Example:
Library Picker: While displaying a board on the board layer, swipe down to show the library picker. Swipe left or right to navigate through your currently selected library. Swipe down on a message to add it to your board. Your board will automatically resize if needed. Swipe up to dismiss the library picker. That’s it!
Scanning Settings: Many scanning options available. Use the iPad surface for direct select and sequential or row/column scanning. Use one external switch with RJ Coopers iPad Switch interface or RJ Cooper’s iPad Cordless Super Switch to do one-switch sequential or row/column scanning. Use two switches to do two-switch auto scanning and two-switch step scanning. Auditory feedback, scan speed, and scan timeout are all configurable.
DynaVox/Mayer-Johnson 4500 symbol core PCS library included!