News: We are happy to announce the release of a new website www.tapspeak.com/drupal
in this, we hope to better serve our customers.
Feb 27 News: We have a new helpdesk website at help.tapspeak.com
From here you can send in help tickets to us. We pride ourselves on quick responses to help requests. Not only is there a Help Request on this new website, there is also a FAQ and User Guides with all the step-by-step instructions on how to use our applications. If you ever have any questions, please do not ever hesitate to contact us. You can contact us either through the link provided above or at Help@tapspeak.com
The TapSpeak family of apps are the go-to Communication apps for children with Autism and multiple disabilities!
TapSpeak apps on the iPad give you the most commonly used tools for emerging communicators and saves countless setup hours and hundreds to thousands of dollars in the process.
Here’s what some users are saying about our latest communication board app, TapSpeak Choice:
“…Bless you, bless you! You have done a wonderful thing by spending all the time and energy to create this app. What a labor of love. I just quickly designed a board to take Ashley and the family bowling this afternoon. Awesome! And I can add buttons while we are there. (No keyboards, no cables…geez, what a gift.) Critical to be able to easily modify on the fly since we are trying to find some good recreational activities again for her. The language associated is paramount to success. Wish you were close so I could give you a big hug!...”
Kim Voss, Ashley’s Mom, Inc., Tulsa , OK
TapSpeak, LLC builds mobile device applications that help people with disabilities to communicate with their world. We passionately want to unlock the voices in our loved ones by using every possible benefit we can gain from current technology.
The populations that can benefit from our products include:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Apraxia of Speech
- Cortical Vision Impairment
- Multiple Sclerosis
Our commitment to you is to produce the most useful products we can and listen intently to your experiences, needs, and ideas.
New Italian localization! See Ausilionline for more support on Italian usage or email Riccardo Caroppo at email@example.com.
Here’s a feature list:
- Board/Page linking/navigation with scanning support. Navigation buttons are stored in new Navigation library which is automatically maintained for you.
- Text to speech with support for 20 languages and 43 voices.
- Message window with scanning support. Text to speech (TTS) and recorded voice can be combined seamlessly in the same sentence/phrase. Message window with backspace and clear message buttons for scanning support. Double-tap message window to clear message as well.
- Static board grid dimensions (18 grid sizes to choose from). Editing mode enables you to place buttons exactly where you want. Dynamic grid resizing continues as the default for quick board/page creation.
- Enhanced auditory prompt (scanning) support. Use a separate voice/recording, speaking rate, and volume.
- Support for AbleNet’s Blue2 switch now included. No special setup needed!
- Voice manager lets you download additional voices (if available for your language) and configure speaking/auditory prompt voices, speaking rate, and volume.
- Title Editor and Recording Editor have been merged into the new Speech Editor. You can configure speaking text and auditory prompt (scanning) text and voice recordings here.
- Quick button edit. When in board edit mode, double-tap a button to bring up button for editing in its library.
- Many other minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Languages now supported: Arabic, Flemish (Belgian Dutch), Brazilian, British English, French Canadian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, US English, US Spanish. If your iPad is configured to use one of these languages, the default text to speech voice for your language will be downloaded and installed upon startup. Some languages have multiple voices which can be downloaded from the app.
Documentation and videos will be added very soon!
Quickly and easily create any number of communication boards with buttons set up button libraries. One to 56 buttons on a board. One and two-switch scanning using RJ Cooper’s iPad Cordless Super-Switch and iPad Switch Interface or do one-switch scanning with iPad surface. Board/level linking, text-to-speech, and background coloring coming soon. Drag and drop page editing. DynaVox/Mayer-Johnson PCS 4500-symbol core library included.
A sequential-message switch like you’ve never used before! Sequential recording and playback of songs, stories, nursery rhymes, and other messages. Use with circle time, storytelling and other social situations. Now available – DynaVox/Mayer-Johnson PCS 4500-symbol core library.
Updates the single-message switch! Facilitates learning cause and effect relationships. Soon to be added – symbols, picture, and tap configuration support from TapSpeak Sequence. Also, coming soon support for the DynaVox/Mayer-Johnson PCS 4500-symbol core library.